Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wicked Riot




So LimeCrime is a brand I had wanted to try for years. Recent events made me a little weary. This brand has had it's name dragged through the mud for years. Just a couple of months ago they had a security breach and pretty much that was the last straw for a whole heap of people. With an update on their security I decided that this would probably be the best time to give it a try. 



There products claim to be Vegan and Cruelty free. That was one thing that really turned me onto the brand as I'm trying to be a little more conscience with the products I use. Sadly this too is subject to controversy. It has been said that they are in fact not vegan. Well I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. In there ingredients list they did have an ingredient that caught my attention, synthetic beeswax? I personally haven't really heard of it. I personally don't  understand why they couldn't use something like soy wax or such, but hey I'm no scientist. I did look up synthetic beeswax because I was curious.
"... best information I found was at the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database. Here I discovered that synthetic beeswax - as opposed to natural and normal honeybee  beeswax - is a synthetically derived wax consisting "chiefly of a mixture of esters of even-numbered, straight chain acids and alcohols containing 16-36 carbon atoms".  Now, there' s not a lot known about the effects of this wax as there haven't been enough studies done (why not!?!), but a few have shown that synthetic beeswax:
  • may have a skin irritating effect
  • is suspected of being an environmental toxin (aquatic)
  • caused diarrohea in rats and skin irritation in bunnies"  - Quote from HoneyCombValley Blog
I have read that some people have experienced irritation or breakouts. For me, so far, I have gotten along with the product. So far so good.  So maybe it has to do more with maybe a sort of allergy to this "synthetic beeswax".

So from my personal experience this product is great. It does what it promises and wears incredibly long. Pretty much I've gotten what I wanted from this product and I'm guiltily in love with it. What I'm not in love with is the price tag A WHOOPING $20?! For just .088fl oz compared to other brands that can run for half the price for about .3fl oz.

When it comes down to it I only have a few complaints. 
  • Price vs Amount you actually get
  • The inconstancy of packaging which is a little off putting
  • The doe foot applicator is a little small for may taste 
Other than that I really do love this product. If it were cheaper I'd even feel better about suggesting others on buying these Velvetines, because again they are awesome. End of the day thought there are other companies that do similar products for a lot less, but if you feel like treating yourself and don't feel off put by all the rumors you should give it a try.




 Wicked is part of The Clueless Witch collection that apparently inspired by the movies Clueless, The Craft, and Coven. All movies that I absolutely fell in love with when I was younger. The whole Clueless Witch collection is just three shades. This Burgundy Red, a Chocolate brown, and a gorgeous black.
 Now this is Riot, earthy medium red marsala.... whatever that means. This shade has turned into one of my all time favorites. I've worn it pretty much every day since I received it in the mail.
Here are dry swatches of both of them on my skin. These are pretty true to life

  I do warn you that if you live somewhere other than the US you could have complications/long waiting time. I have an APO address and it has taken my orders two months to get to me. Others, somehow, haven't had the same experience but the also have APO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment